Red, Blonde, Black, brunette… Whatever color you would like to choose, your hair will always need proper attention and care. Hair can further enhance your look even if you don’t use any make up or wear expensive clothes. In short, your hair can do a lot of wonders for your face.
Nevertheless, hair should also be granted with proper treatment. This means that regular hair hygiene activities are advisable. But is it good to wash your hair every day? A lot of people, especially those living on warm climates, do wash their hair regularly. This is because their hair is more prone to becoming oily and tangled. If you have the same problem, then you would probably agree that constant hair washing is the answer to everything. However, a lot of hair experts these days have found out that frequent washing or shampooing of hair can cause more damage instead of keeping it healthy. Here are some of the reasons why it is not good to wash your hair every day.
• REMOVES ESSENTIAL OILS. Constant washing of hair can slowly remove the essential oils in keeping your hair moisturized and silky. Having oily hair is something that you don’t want to happen, but frequent washing can remove even the necessary nutrients of the hair.
• MAKES HAIR DRIER. One of the reasons, why you wash your hair regularly, is to get rid of the dirt. However, constant washing can slowly strip the hair with its natural oils which balance the moisture and texture of your hair. This leads to having drier and unmanageable hair.
• MAKES HAIR MORE BRITTLE. As soon as the hair becomes dry, each strand of hair becomes very easy to break making it brittle and unhealthy. This could likewise result to increase hair fall because of the decreasing hair strength. Try brushing your hair with a narrow-tooth comb, and you will see the countless strands of hair that is falling.
• MAKES COLOR FADE. Even if your hair is natural in color, constant hair washing can slowly fade your hair’s natural color. This can make your hair lighter and look very unattractive.
• CAUSES HAIR THINNING. Frequent use of shampoo can likewise thin your hair down. This makes it very hard to manage since your hair is already very delicate and fragile.
These are some of the reasons why it is not good to wash your hair every day. Hair experts do advice washing of hair to be done alternately or every other day. This gives your hair extra time to regain its nutrients and essential oils. It is also ideal for you to use shampoos that are specifically designed for your hair type. This way, proper treatment is being given in order to maintain your hair’s beautiful and healthy condition.