Being pregnant is a big deal for a woman. To some, pregnancy calls for a celebration, whereas, for some women who are not yet ready to be a mother, pregnancy is a stressful time. Whatever the case is, how do you know if you are pregnant?
There are several signs and symptoms to know if you are carrying a child or not. And these symptoms can vary from women to women. Furthermore, there are other questions that may arise in your mind, such as how do you know if you are pregnant with twins? Or how do you know if you are pregnant on the pill?
To start with, how do you know if you are pregnant or not? To help you, read the most common symptoms experience by pregnant women.
– Morning sickness: as its name implies, nausea and vomiting often occurred in the morning upon getting out of bed. But, it can also occur anytime of the day.
– Headaches: the throbbing pain you felt is due to the hormonal changes that you body is going through.
– Mood swings: moodiness is quite common for women during pregnancy. The adjustment to the changes in their body takes time.
– Dizziness and fainting spells: It is due to low blood flow to the brain
– Food cravings: Unusual cravings of food that you don’t normally eat. Some craves for sweets, while others for salty foods.
– Heart burn
– Lower back pain
Since the signs and symptoms listed above can also occur in other health conditions, so, how do you know if you are pregnant right away? The quickest way to determine if you are pregnant is by taking pregnancy home test kit. A positive result means that you are carrying a child.
However, if you happen to be on a pill, there is still a chance that you could get pregnant. This usually happen when you missed taking the pill or taking the pill at irregular times.
On one hand, to determine if you are carrying twins or multiples the symptoms are slightly different from single pregnancy. Primarily, if the ultrasound result shows that there are two babies inside the womb. Another is the Doppler heart beat count. Mostly, there is more than 1 heartbeat detected. Also, HCG and Alphafetoprotein are elevated. Lastly, family history of twin births is also determinants for twin pregnancy.
How do you know if you are pregnant? It is easily answered by being observant with the changes that your body is going through.